Sunday 11 March 2012

Remain - The Second Station

The Second Station
Jesus carries His cross


source


If we were given a catalogue of different crosses of life to pick from, which would you pick? I would certainly pick none if "none" was an option but if I really would have to choose, I would choose the smallest and the lightest of them all. I dislike the burden of having to drag something heavy around with me; I like being free.

My daily crosses are placed on my shoulders by inconsiderate and irresponsible people, by these same people who are themselves victims of life's painful crosses. And I have been bearing these crosses with utmost resentment that leave me bitter and angry with the world. In turn, I become an unbearable cross to others I meet.

How ashamed I am to come before Jesus, who I claim to be a disciple of. For He not only chose the heaviest cross, He chose it even though He did not have to. And even so, Jesus not only carried a cross that was not His own, He bore it not as a burden, not with resentment or bitterness but with infinite love, as the greatest sign of God's unexplainable love for us. While suffering because of us, He was, at the same time, loving us. 

REFLECTION
Do you pick and choose your crosses?
What and who are your crosses?
How do you carry your crosses? Are they burdens? How have they left you feeling?
Have you been complaining about them and seeking comfort by telling them to others? 
What do you think about Jesus's invitation for you to love the same person(s) who put crosses upon your shoulders? 

REMAINING WITH JESUS
Reflecting more deeply on this second station in the Way of the Cross, and
Recognizing how Jesus loves us who cause His sufferings even till now, will you still remain with Him in loving those who cause your sufferings? 

No comments:

Post a Comment