Saturday 25 September 2010

Prayer - Stay with Me, Lord

STAY WITH ME, LORD
(Prayer after Holy Communion)


Stay with me, Lord, for without Your presence I forget You; You know how easily I abandon You.
Stay with me, Lord, for without Your strength I fail; You know how weak I am.
Stay with me, Lord, for without You my fervour fails; You are my life.
Stay with me, Lord, for without You I am in darkness; You are my light.
Stay with me, Lord, and show me Your Will.
Stay with me, Lord, and let me hear Your voice.
Stay with me, Lord, that I may follow You.
Stay with me, Lord, that I may love you more.
Stay with me, Lord, that I may stay with You. If You would have me to be faithful, stay with me, Lord.


Stay with me, Jesus, for though my soul is pour, it desires to be an abode of love for You, a place of consolation.


Stay with me, Jesus, for it is getting late, the day is ending, life is passing; death, judgement and eternity are coming soon. Now I  must muster all my forces so that I do not faint on the road. I have great need of You on this journey. It is getting late and death is approaching. Darkness, temptations, dryness, crosses and troubles beset me, and Oh, how much I need You, my good Jesus, in this night of exile.


Stay with me, Jesus, because this night of life is so full of dangers and I have need of You. Grant that, like Your disciples, I may recognize You in the breaking of bread. Grant that the Eucharistic union may be the light which casts out the darkness, the force to sustain me and the one means to sanctify my soul.


Stay with me, Jesus, because when death arrives, if I cannot be really with You in Holy Communion, then I shall wish to remain united with You at least through grace and love. 


Stay with me, Jesus, I do not ask You for divine consolation because I do not deserve it, but I beg You with all my strength for the gift of Your most holy presence.


Stay with me, Lord, You alone I seek; Your Love, Your Grace, Your Will, Your Heart, Your Spirit, for I love You. You alone I love. Let me seek no other reward but the increase of that love, that my love may be real and firm and practical. I ask no more than to love You with all my heart on earth and to follow You with all-perfected love for all eternity. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment