Monday 13 September 2010

My Loving Jesus

The Lord is my comfort and strength;
He holds me in my weakest moments,
Assures me of His love and presence.

He gifts me with saints to take as my example,
To be companions on this journey.

He watches me as He teaches me
To ensure I'm n'vr too far from His light.
The Lord is my shepherd, my refuge.

When all else may fail around me, 
His love shines bright upon me;
A hope to always rest upon.

The Lord is the pillar of my life,
Apart from Him I cannot stand strong.
He is my vine I cling upon,
My source of life and nourishment;
Cut off from Him I wither and die.

This Jesus of mine, I hold in my heart, 
Wherever I go,
Whatever the case,
He is my very reason to smile and give thanks.

4 comments:

  1. definitely :) You were inspired by the Spirit to write this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the God I experience. I don't write about things that I have, at the intellectual level, understood by means of studying. I have written all that occurs in my spiritual journey in a way that is reflective and inclusive of all, and hopefully, readers will find it may also apply to them.

    ReplyDelete