Thursday 9 February 2012

Leaf

source
the leaf that sits on the branch
unassuming
the wind comes
blows
and takes the leaf in random directions
it follows the wind
making no resistance
all it ever does and wants to do is to do what it was made to do
the light shines
it hurries to make its keep for the plant's survival
a simple, repetitive task of constant giving from an abundance received
it questions not what or why this task
it does not demand to go where it wills or do what it likes
but surrenders to the Maker's assignment 
with daily diligence it fulfils its purpose
a union with its Creator
that mocks my intelligence
a surrender I have yet to make
dreams I have yet to release
a life I have yet to snuff out to gain Life eternal
this blade of leaf - I have been envious


9 February 2012, Thursday
0020h

No comments:

Post a Comment