Tuesday 14 February 2012

Handicapped

You asked for faithfulness
You asked for my love
You asked for my discipleship 
You asked for my perseverance in all my struggles
You asked for my life

You who have asked for all these have refused me
The image of You
The memory of You
The presence of You
The assurance of Your love
The confidence of my love for You
The words I need to form my prayer
The disposition to enter at the very least into a wordless prayer
The identifications with my past consolations that would be my only strength
The light at the end of the tunnel that would give me even the slightest hope for an eventual liberation

In place of these, You have instead left me with 
Hopelessness
Silence
Silence
Greater silence
Prolonged silence
Insecurities
Distraction after distraction

I am handicapped by the very Person who asks for my response.
Just what do You want? 

14 Feb 2012, Tuesday
2.46pm

1 comment: