Sunday 29 April 2012

Prayer - God of Justice

My God, the God of justice,
How do I encounter You amidst the injustices that I face so very often? 

How do I recognize You in the very situations and people that seem to shout out to me Your absence?


Dear God, 
Open my heart and uncover my eyes.
In this, Your absence, I find my heart longing all the more for You, for Your consoling assurance that You have not given up on us but will continue to labour in all these apparently hopeless situations. 



I alone cannot fight the might of injustice; I alone cannot undo any damage already done. 
But with You all things are possible. Help me with Your unfailing graces to bear with courage the injustices I see, to remain faithfully with You in this bearing and to sense the soft promptings of Your Spirit to do what You will of me in carrying out Your justice. So that with this poor labour I may offer in Your Name, I may pray with a stronger conviction, "Thy Kingdom come". 


Amen.


29 April 2012, Sunday
12.18pm @ The Botanics

No comments:

Post a Comment