Friday 4 March 2011

Weaving between God & Me

I'd like to share this. Fr Philip Heng, SJ shared this poem in his homily on 23 January 2011. I pray that God will use it to touch even more hearts just as He has to mine.


My life is but a weaving
          between God and me;
I may not choose the colours,
          He knows what they should be;
For He can view the pattern 
          from the upper side
While I can see it only
          on this the under side.

Sometimes He weaves sorrow 
          which seems strange to me;
But, I will trust His judgment,
          and work and walk on faithfully;
It is He who fills the shuttle,
          He knows what is best;
So I shall weave in earnest 
          and leave with Him the rest.

At last when life is ended,
          with Him I shall abide,
Then I may view the pattern
          upon the upper side;
Then I shall know the reason 
          why pain with joy entwined
was woven in the fabric 
          of life that God designed.

The only words needed then is:
          Father, Your Will be done.
Nothing more, Nothing less.

Nothing else. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment