Wednesday 2 March 2011

Light in the Tunnel

In the darkest tunnel
Where all is pitched black
The exit nowhere to be seen
Nowhere to be known
Alone in the silence
Afraid
Uncertain
Dangers lurking all around
Pits in the ground waiting to trip us
Weakened by fear
Shaken by doubts
Beaten by disappointments
We retreat to the tunnel's side
There, we curl up in complete disability 
Only One Light
JESUS
He, the Light, once lit, dispels all darkness
Reveals the path ahead, pits and dangers
Reinstates confidence
Courage surges
Fear scatters
Hope enkindles
Blood once frozen in fear flows once again
Giving life to the body to move ahead
This Light must be lit, deliberately
A decision to trust and believe
Without reservations or hesitation
That even in the darkness
He can be our Guide
Our Light
Our Way
Our Strength
Our Comfort
Our Hope
Our Help
Our Leader
The Captain of my life
And He says, "Stand up
Come out of your hiding place
See, you are not alone; I am here and I am He
Now and always, I will lead you and cover you with my protection
Nothing can harm you; I am here with my crook and staff
With these I comfort and assure you
So stand up
Take my hand, hold on to me
And be strong
Come, be enveloped in my love
And walk with me to the finish line."
-------------------------------------------------------
Lord, we offer these humble words to you. You need not these words to affirm Your greatness and goodness. Yet, You have given these words for it is us who need them to remind ourselves of who You truly are, so that we may be renewed in strength and faith to walk on with You. Strengthen us and fill us with Your Spirit to continuously choose to light the fire of faith in You. Thank You for Your love and grace.

Wednesday 2 March 2011
9.10am

No comments:

Post a Comment