Tuesday 31 August 2010

5 Loaves and 2 Fishes

Five Loaves And Two Fishes Lyrics

A little boy of thirteen was on his way to school
He heard a crowd of people laughing and he went to take a look
Thousands were listening to the stories of one man
He spoke with such wisdom, even the kids could understand

The hours passed so quickly, the day turned to night
Everyone was hungry but there was no food in sight
The boy looked in his lunchbox at the little that he had
He wasn't sure what good it'd do, there were thousands to be fed

But he saw the twinkling eyes of Jesus
The kindness in His smile
And the boy cried out
With the trust of a child
he said:

"Take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and my inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all to feed them all"

I often think about that boy when I'm feeling small
And I worry that the work I do means nothing at all

But every single tear I cry is a diamond in His hands
And every door that slams in my face, I will offer up in prayer

So I'll give you every breath that I have
Oh Lord, you can work miracles
All that you need is my "Amen"

So take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and my inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
I hope it's not too small

I trust in you
I trust in you

So take my five loaves and two fishes
Do with it as you will
I surrender
Take my fears and my inhibitions
All my burdens, my ambitions
You can use it all
No gift is too small

This is the song sung by Corrinne May. 

Listening to the song over and over, one would begin to go deeper into the words of the song to unfold God's message through the song to each and every one of us to share. Be generous with what we have. And even if it is just 5 loaves and 2 fishes, even if it is not enough to feed the thousands, God is still calling us to give it all. He is calling us to trust in Him, that He will use our gifts, multiply them manifolds to lift them up to be sufficient to make a huge difference in the lives of others. 

In giving all that we have, our gifts and talents, our time, energy, finances, etc for the greater good of God's will, we are also surrendering ourselves to Him, to be that pencil in His hand that will use this pencil to write love letters to His people. We use our love, our eyes, hands, legs, tongues, etc to serve the Lord.

Many people are hungry not for food but for purpose in life, for hope, for direction, acceptance, love, forgiveness, dignity and respect. Many people are ending their lives prematurely when they see no sign of hope left and feeling at the end of a pitched black tunnel that leads to no opening, they take to suicide to attempt to open another door of hope of relief. Another sacred life, another person God loved so deeply with His sufferings and ultimate cross... lost forever. 

God does not call us to be successful. He calls us to be faithful. And in our faithfulness, we make ourselves ever ready to give up our comfort, our conveniences, fears of limitations, laziness and excuses to actively bring Him to the suffering. He does not wish for us who are given different gifts to hide these gifts under the bed or in a cabinet. On the contrary, He invites us to unveil the gifts, work on them so that our gifts may grow and so ultimately, we will use these gifts the way they were meant to be used, for the purposes they were meant for when God chose to give these gifts to us. Above all, that God's love, redemption, joy and peace will be brought to even the poorest of the poor (poor financially, emotionally and spiritually).

31 August 2010
6.39pm

1 comment:

  1. I love this song!

    Indeed, I tell myself this when I feel my prayers don't really help. A mustard seed can grow into a tree and similarly, prayer can change things.

    God just wants us to be available for Him to use. He will work in us to touch people and we become His signs of His miracles to the world.

    ReplyDelete