Sunday 9 December 2012

Prayer - Not I but You

I am not the one who has seen with clarity all that I have ever seen with clarity, 
nor have I realised and found the way out of any difficulty I have ever emerged from.
I am not the one who has ever known any way and paved any path that I have ever walked.
I am not the one who has understood anything that I have ever understood, nor have I written anything spiritual that I have ever penned. 
I am not the one who has sung anything that moved any heart that I have ever moved, nor have I spoken of anything spiritual that have ever exited from between my lips.
I am not the one who has forgiven the many deep pains I have ever let go of, nor have I been the one offering any words of comfort that I have ever uttered. 

It is God.

It has always been God...

Him
who shows me,
who strengthens me,
who assures me to forgive,
who encourages me to forgive,
who knows the way and prompts me in the way,
who pulls me out of the pit, 
who reveals to me,
who gives me His insights,
who opens my mind to understand, 
who opens my heart and fills it with love and compassion,
who speaks through me,
telling me what to say,
who inspires me with the words to write,
who moves my heart so I can sing with self-giving and conviction,
who directs my heart to know the heart of others in their pain and struggles.

It has always been God.
And will always be. 

May You, my Jesus, humble me more and more, so that I may surrender myself without anymore reservations to be that pencil in Your hand, writing Your letter of infinite love to Your beloved people. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment