Wednesday 6 July 2011

God's "Hideouts"

From where can I find the peace I had let go of since I remain submerged in the clutter of worries and anxieties?
From where can I find the strength to love as You love since I let resentment and frustration seep back inside?
From where can I find hope to see the end of what I do since all I see is the hopelessness and helplessness I fix my gazes on?
From where can I find the compassion to build relationships since my day is operated by the engagement of my mind in an endless stream of tasks?
From where can I find the courage to stand before You with the account of my day since I have lived it through, void of imitating Your first love that overpowered me?
From where can I find the beauty in this one more day of struggling to be more like You since I have placed, above You, the goal of perfection that feeds only my ego and insecurities?

Dear Lord,
If it is not in You, with You and through You that I find peace, strength, hope, compassion, courage  and beauty, then where else can I go to search for these? Is there another source of the goodness that springs forth only from the perfection of Your love and the fullness of Your union with the Father, a relationship so pure and sacred to beget the Holy Spirit who pours out these gifts of goodness to anyone He chooses?

And yet, despite the worries, anxieties, resentment, frustration, hopelessness, helplessness, struggles and disappointments, I found You in the exact place that forbids the entry of these useless emotions of a day deemed wasted, in the exact form You had left behind of Yourself for all Man at the last supper. I found You in the Eucharist, which, upon my tongue, silenced the turmoil in my heart and opened its valves to the joy and peace I recognised with nostalgia and gratitude. I found You in the silence that builds upon silence. I found You in the humblest and simplest silence that needs no glory of words but yet, has power to speak what words fail to say. This silence that awaits my attention and connects me with You, this silence that is an outcast, victimised by distortions, distractions and unwise decisions.

May we always remember God's favourite "hiding places" and there, we will always find Him all ready for us.

06 July 2011, Wednesday
12.49am

No comments:

Post a Comment