Monday 27 June 2011

Overburdened


Being Day 5 of Novena to the Sacred Heart of Jesus


Scripture:‘Come to me, all you who labour and are over-burdened, and I will give you rest’ (Mt.11.28 ).

Meditation: A burden shared is a burden lightened. Jesus opens his arms to welcome all those who are exhausted by the pace of life, or wearied by the weight of their responsibilities, or tortured by an abiding feeling of inadequacy. He reaches out in friendship to those who are discouraged by the failures of the past or worried about the uncertainties of the future. And he offers the consolation of his companionship to those who labour under a heavy burden of illness, or endure the hidden pain of loneliness, or suffer the cruel humiliation of rejection .


Prayer: Stay with me, Jesus, when I stumble in the darkness. Stay with me when I find it hard to keep going. Hold me when I am tempted to lose heart .


Sacred Heart of Jesus, I place all my trust in You 

No comments:

Post a Comment