Friday 11 February 2011

Perfection

By Sr. Kathryn J. Hermes, F.S.P.
--------------------------------------------------------------
"I am grateful I learned early on through serious illness that real "perfection" comes through suffering:
through darkness faced, disaster overcome, and temptation endured. 
When one has been taken apart and rebuilt through this process, then "perfection" does roll off our fingers:
a perfection that is received. 
I don't need to achieve or accomplish anything to be perfect. 
I only need to surrender to what God is doing in me and through me in the world. 
It may look "perfect" according to others, or it may appear a complete disaster as did the crucifixion of Jesus. 
In either case, as long as God is glorified, it is perfectly fine with me."

11 February 2011, Friday
11.59am

No comments:

Post a Comment