Tuesday 5 October 2010

When the Lights Go Out

Oh my good Jesus, where art thou?
I call and there is no answer,
I seek and I cannot find,
I wait and grow impatient,
I search but find not the joy I once knew.
I ask but find not the love in the depths I once had.
My heart is restless, anxious and lost.
Stay with me, my good Jesus, so that I may stay with You.
Fill me again with your Spirit, so that my heart may more zealously and sincerely love You.
Watch over me, let me never wander far from Your love.
Guide my thoughts, words and deeds, so that I may think, speak and do only what is pleasing to You.
Transform this wicked heart of mine into a radiant sign of Your love for the world.
You know I love You.
Hold my hands tight as You try me and teach me humility and faithfulness.
That at the end of my pilgrimage of struggles, I may stand victorious in Your Glory, ever steadfast and true to Your call to love and serve You.


05 October 2010, Tuesday
11.49am

No comments:

Post a Comment