Thursday 16 February 2012

Inseparable

Who am I?  
Can I live outside of God's love? 
Can I really live outside of God's love? 
Is it even possible? 

With every choice to keep the distance, am I not still in His love?
With every choice to ignore Him, am I not still in His love?
With every rebellion to pull myself away from Him and live independently, am I not still relying on His love? 

Can I fight to exit this love without fighting the very nature of who I am? 
Is not my existence His love? 
Am I not love itself? 
How can I be without God's love when my very being is in itself His absolute love?
To burn myself into ashes, still, my soul remains beyond my ability to destroy.
To taint my soul and disfigure the image of God in it, still, I can never in all eternity change the reality that it was He who made this soul.
Even in the inescapable depths of Sheol, where God is entirely absent, my soul will always be the creature He created, though one who is cast out.
God's love lives in me, in you. Every second, every moment.
There is nowhere, no way, no possibility, not now or ever, I can detach myself from this love.
Since my conception in the mind of my Father, there begins an association I cannot ever disassociate from.
I am embedded in a relationship that is eternal, with or without my consent, my will, my acknowledgement and my reciprocation. 
Is this the captivity of His love?
To rejoice or resist, still, I cannot ever erase the imprint of God in me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment