Sunday 17 April 2022

God - the Word and Wordless

And so I asked Him, the risen One.
Who am I?
Who am I that You should call me in my nothingness?
Me, a sinner.
Who am I that You should grant me entrance into the inner world of Man's hearts?
Who am I that You should notice me in the corner of Your majestic banquet hall, full of others much larger than I; me - plain and unadorned, blending in with the walls to escape Man's judgements?
Who am I that you should call me from my mother's womb, out from the dungeons I chose, to set me on the path of life?
No.
Not who am I
But who ARE YOU?
Who are YOU that you would see a person like me, love me, call me, set me apart and send me?
Who are YOU GOD?
I have no answer.
I stood beneath Your cross and now, before Your empty tomb.
There is no answer.
Perhaps, no answer is enough.
Perhaps, no answer is needed.

- Easter Sunday 2022

No comments:

Post a Comment